Sunday, March 30, 2008

My New Earrings




I've been subbing long term for a teacher since the 31st of January. The job will finish the 9th of April. During this time I haven't been able to get much jewelry done, but I did do these earrings. Above are pearls dangling from textured copper rings with sterling silver wire. The rings started their life as washers and I pounded them with a hammer to texture them. These and the opal glass ones below are inspired by Sharilyn Miller. The opal glass ones have been antiqued. The antiquing gives the copper a nice rose gold look.


These are clear sparkling CZ drops with sterling silver in a twisted bird nest wrap. I love these cubic zirconia and have them in several colors.



Lava is kind of a new bead on the market. I imagine it is hard to polish it. Here I've made a spiral for the front.




These are wrapped in sterling silver wire.



No comments: