Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Schmap Dallas

I was notified yesterday that one of my photos was short-listed for inclusion into Schmap Dallas.

Schmap is an online guide to places and things in various cities, including Dallas. You can download info to your phone or computer.

Here's the photo that was short-listed. I'll find out at the end of the month if it was chosen for inclusion in Schmap. There's no pay involved, but it's kind of nice to have your photo recognized.





The church in the background is the Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe. It's downtown in the Dallas arts district. I took this photo at Art Fest last summer. The taxi is an "art car". If you go to my Flickr photo you can read some of what's written on it on the large version.


Downtown Dallas has some spectacular architecture. I want to go there someday the spend the day (or two) taking photos. Fair Park in Dallas is another place I want to take pictures. Fair Park has the world's largest collection of 1930's Art Deco architecture.

No comments: