Before Christmas I had a commission to make a necklace with this pendant and peridot. I think I strung it about three different ways and it never did look right. Finally I decided it needed a pendant dependant so I made one. Actually, I made four, until I got one like I wanted. (The pendant dependant is the little U shaped wire that the pendant is hanging from.) The nice thing about this one is that it is secure, but you can still remove the pendant and wear it on a neck wire. It looks really simple but it was the first time I've made one.
I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions. Here are some of the things I want to do:
- Try new jewelry techniques, especially more wire work and Art Clay.
- Post at least once a week on Etsy.
- Submit some of my written works for publication. I already have several short stories.
- Write some more, particularly fiction.
- Make at least one component for jewelry everyday. Usually I just buy my findings, but I want to start making them.
- Submit jewelry works for publication.