I've wanted to weave with wire for a long time. I finally found some black annealed steel in several gauges. Here is my first creation with the steel wire:
I made it my size. My hand doesn't fold at all so I can almost never find a bangle big enough for my hand.
The steel is surprisingly forgiving. I made some mistakes, took them out, and redid portions all without breaking the wire. Sterling would have broken. All in all I'm pleased with it.
I haven't sealed the wire with anything to protect the finish from rust. Since I'm keeping this one I probably won't seal it. The ones I make to sell will be sealed. Right now I'm leaning toward a matte finish spray sealer. I'm going to do some tests.
I'm having surgery this morning on my right wrist for carpal tunnel. If something doesn't delay the surgery it will be finished by the time this posts. Hopefully all will go well, and I'll make a swift recovery and be back to making jewelry soon.