Thursday, April 9, 2009

King Tut, Part One

Recently we went to Dallas to see the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art. We enjoyed the exhibit (more on that later). It's going on until sometime in early May, so check it out if you can.

Here are a few photos I took during the trip. I'm going to break the trip into several posts because of the number of photos. My pictures all link to my Flickr account, where you can see them in better detail. Also Blogger cuts off the right hand side of some of them so you can click to see the entire picture.


This is the Trammel Crow Center which houses the Trammel Collection of Asian Art. It's a dramatic looking building. When you see it you immediately think, "They don't build them like that anymore." This building is right next door to the museum.

Trammell Crow Center


This is looking up the building. This is a famous building in Dallas and one of the tallest.

Trammell Crow Center

Ralph and Stefan outside the building.

Ralph and Stefan

The door "guardians":








There is some pretty awesome art around the grounds and I snapped a few shots.

Rodin, Cybele, 1889

This is a Rodin, Cybele, 1889.

Rodin?

I think this was a Rodin too.


This sculpture was at least ten feet tall, maybe more.

Bourdelle, Ponelupe 1917

Bourdelle, Ponelupe, 1917

detail of sculpture

We didn't have time to look at all the art outside the building. I could spend days looking at interesting things and taking photos in downtown Dallas, particularly the Arts District. I've already put my husband on notice that he's to accompany me someday while I take photos.

Part of the Trammell Crow Center:

Trammell Crow Center

Detail:

Trammell Crow Center

Part Two coming soon...

No comments: