Sunday, November 15, 2009

Susan Tuttle's Visual Poetry

Susan Tuttle is teaching a third round of her wonderful on-line class, Visual Poetry.  I've long admired her work in various publications (her book Exhibition 36: Mixed Media Demonstrations + Explorations and many Somerset magazines).  I like the clear instructions and the fact that there is a printable PDF file with the instructions and also on-line video instructions. 

A big part of learning to use the techniques is experimenting with different photos to see which techniqes work with the individual photos. Some experiments work out better than others.  I'm having fun with it.

Here's one of my own photos before:


HPIM2777aaa

And after applying one of the vintage/retro techniques:

HPIM2777altered

Susan has a new book coming out that I'm really looking forward to:

No comments: