Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Presentation Tuesday

I've been thinking about doing a series on artful presentation for some time.  I've got a little collection of photos of things I've ordered from Etsy and elsewhere that had special little touches, beautiful wrapping, or some other artful presentation.  This is the first post. 


Retro Stash presentation


I received these little brainless frozen Charlottes from RetroStash a couple of days ago. They're "brainless" because the top of the head is missing by design.  I have something seriously twisted in "mind" --all puns intended--for them. 


The stamped designs on the envelope are a special touch that I appreciate.  Even the Fragile stamp has been used artistically by repeating it. I love her return address stamp. I do this sometimes myself by stamping a thank you stamp on the back of the envelope, and room permitting, a large hand stamp on the front. It's a quick and inexpensive way to make your packages stand out.  The Charlottes (Charlies?) were each wrapped in rolls of bubble wrap about 2.5 inches in diameter so the envelope was quite fat. They were well protected on their journey to me. RetroStash also used a plaid packing tape on the back (not shown) and inside on the bubble wrap that matched the ink color of the stamp designs.  The coordination of color shows that thought went into the packaging. 


Getting a package with some artistry or special touches in the packaging is like getting a present.   And who doesn't like presents?


I'll post Presentation Tuesday when I have something to post on.  I've got a little backlog, so I know I'll have a few more. 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea to post. I love the brainless dolls, can't wait to see what you do with them!!!! Marcy

Leslie Todd said...

Thanks, Marcy. I've got to get busy and get some new things done for my shows.

My Life Under the Bus said...

I love decorating my envelopes too! Stamps are such an awesome way to make someone feel special. I also have a ton of books I rip pages out of so I can recycle envelopes ( I use them to cover old address labels). I like to put the buyers initials and a little something french ( maybe a bee?) Great idea for a post Leslie!!!