Monday, August 25, 2008

Tutorial Monday-Multistrand Hook & Eye

I ran across this very interesting tutorial Finishing Triplicate Chain Weaves by Theresa Olin from a concept by Desert Rhino. The tutorial is intended as a finishing technique for chain mail, but I believe this hook an eye could be easily adapted to multi strand necklaces or bracelets, chandelier earrings, and other uses. This style hook is also very sturdy.




The tutorial has good close up pictures and is easy to follow. She also has some other good tutorials at Theresa's Beadwork and Chainmail Tutorials. See her beautiful chainmail at The Maille Market.

Photo by Theresa Olin.

2 comments:

Mei Tan said...

Thank you for sharing this. I sure can use this hook for some of my future pieces :)

Leslie Todd said...

Thanks, Mei. I just edited the post and added some links to Theresa other tutorials and her beautiful jewelry. I'm interested in playing with that hook and eye.