Thursday, June 25, 2009

Spring into Summer

One of my favorite things is taking nature pictures, particularly flowers and insects.



cactus flower

This is a cactus flower that I shot in the Lake Belton area of central Texas. I love the semi-translucence of the petals.

twisted cedars

These twisted cedars are from the same area.

robin's eggs

A robin sat these eggs at my friend Billye's house, but they never hatched.

wild flowers

Black-eyed Susan flowers on my parent's farm.

IMG_2545web

I had some good roses this year.

toad detail

Some visitors to the garden.

butterfly

Lots of colorful flowers in the garden with insects. This little orange fly below is about 1/4 inch long. Click the photo to go to Flickr and view a detail shot.

day lily with orange fly

More visitors.

wasps on a flower


insect on a flower


Jazz

And finally a favorite flower:

conehead flower

2 comments:

Ruth Trowbridge said...

awwww - just lovely, you do have an eye! peace for all

Leslie Todd said...

Thanks!