Today I annealed some of the sheet that I etched previously.
After annealing I put them in a pickle bath made from vinegar and salt, shown above. Usually I dispose of my pickle before it gets this dark blue, but I've been wanting to use it to copperplate some tins I have so I can solder stuff onto them later. All that blue is copper that is dissolved into the pickle.
These sheets will have cabs set into them for pendants.
I also got a few of my copper disk earrings put together and carded.
Most of the week I've been working on my grandmother's vintage rattan furniture. It's been in storage for a long time and we decided to fix it up for our son. He picked out some fabric for the new cushions and chose a cheery red paint. Granny had painted this furniture light green, yellow, dark green, white and maybe a few more previously. It took all week but I finally got it painted. There are three sections. Next I have to start on the matching end table, coffee table, corner table, and so forth. I have no idea how old this furniture is but I know it is at least 50 years old.
Here's a shot of one section in progress.
Now I've got to get it moved without scratching it up. Luckily the weather has cooperated this week since I've been painting it outside. This furniture reminds me of happy times at Granny's so I've enjoyed painting it, even though it was really hot.
Check out the other Bead Table Wednesday photos: