Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Muffin Tin Challenge

Heather Powers posted a "Muffin Tin Challenge" at the Art Bead Scene blog and I've been rather taken by it.  Usually I bag up projects in snack bags and put them in a shoe box until I get to them.  A couple of days ago I found a shoe box that I had forgotten about.  I think that's why I like the muffin tin idea--it's out where you can see it and be inspired.


Things did not go quite as I planned over the weekend (that's another post) but I did have a little time to work on the challenge.  


Here's my revised muffin tin:




revised muffin tin

I had way more than 12 projects in it so I trimmed it down and added the findings to it.  I still couldn't fit everything in the cups so the stringing wire and wrapping wire isn't shown.  


Here are six projects that I've done so far.  I did the work on the projects all Sunday afternoon and evening. This was only possible because I had two UFO's that I finished up.  I managed to snap a purchased "S" hook in half and ended up making a heavy gauge brass wire one to replace it. 




6 finished items

I did the wrapping on the two donuts.  The heart focal is a charm from Martha of Menagerie Studio


I think I'll get something else done before the deadline, but I'm not sure with my Monday schedule if I'll be able to post it so this is it for now.

16 comments:

Martha said...

They all look great!!! I love the airplane earrings! I would love a picture of the necklace using my heart charm. :}

My Life Under the Bus said...

You totally rock Leslie!!! I only have 5 done - I am going to stuff my kids in the pool and sit there and bead all day. ( I *LOVE* the one all the way to the right!!!)

Leslie Todd said...

Thanks, Martha! I'm going to set up the photo cube and get some better pictures. I'll send you one.

Leslie Todd said...

I can't wait to see what you've done, Patty. Break out the sun block!

The one on the right is "The Key to My Heart". It took two tries to get a key that would work with that ring.

Cillaw said...

Great work,
The first thing I thought was what a cool muffin tin!!
I love how you made the toggle with the old key! Genius!
Cilla

CraftyHope said...

First, your muffin tin. . .so awesome.
Second, they're all great pieces but I do have to agree with Patty (big surprise) that I like the "Key to My Heart" necklace the most. It's cool that you were able to use the key as a toggle.

Leslie Todd said...

Thanks, Cilla and CraftyHope! I've been collecting the keys and am finally starting to use them.

steufel said...

Great pieces!

TesoriTrovati said...

First, thanks for playing! Second, that is the coolest muffin tin I have ever seen! It is a work of art! I love that you tackled this and that you have forgotten shoe boxes with baggies filled with almost projects. I think that reminds me of a box that I have....;-)
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Kate said...

Great projects, they are all fantastic. And whoa, tell me you don't *really* put that awesome muffin tin in the oven?! I think it ought to just stay out as a decoration!!

Linda Landig said...

I agree with Erin about your beautiful muffin tin! I especially like your first donut necklace, but all are great designs!

Bobbie said...

Wonderful pieces, and I love the use of the key as a toggle -- great idea!

Leslie Todd said...

Thanks everyone! I will have some info hopefully on the muffin tin in a post either tonight or later in the week. There's a little story behind it. I don't use it to cook--just for storage. I've inquired about the maker of the tin. My aunt is an antique dealer and hopefully she will have a manufacturer's name.

Elysian Studios said...

That is a gorgeous muffin tin! I love what you made for the challenge Leslie- the wrapping on those donut focals is gorgeous!

Holly said...

(still hopping away at this challenge...)

I love those airplane earrings! And that key necklace, and the big cross, and well, actually, all of them ;)

Leslie Todd said...

Thanks, Erin and Holly. The wrapped donuts have been a signature piece for me.